16 July 2009

Coilovers, at last.

I joined in on a Driftworks group buy for HSD coilovers. Saved £200 on the list price, result.

Got them through last friday







Went round to a friends to fit them, who has a load of tools and a flat drive.



This how the car sat after fitting them. The rear was wayy too low for my exhaust and the front too high.



On satruday night, some friends noticed sparks coming from under my car. On monday I set about raising the rear and lowering the front to get a better stance. I found the chassis rails had taken a beating and some clamps had also been cained abit.





I adjusted the height settings and span the clamps round. Also fitted my skid wheels to the rear which my mate sprayed black for me and relocated the numberplate.







My drive points down and is quite a retarded shape, the front splitter is pretty close!!




Theres no way my jack would fit under that obviously, and the diff is too low for it to fit also. So i made some ramps out of wood which work a treat so I can actually get the car in the air again haha.



Amongst all this going on, I got the correct hub through for the Nardi wheel, a used one from Japan! So thats fitted now




Bit of a long winded update but I like to take pics. The car handles amazingly now, the wheel feels great, car feels like its on rails. Love it now.



No comments:

Post a Comment